Saturday, June 16, 2012

Living on the edge........ of one of the worst neighborhoods in the country

Moving to the ghetto was probably not the brightest idea for someone who was already struggling with being hyperalert.  I'm trying to think maybe it will be good for me.  I don't want to be looking around every corner, imaging someone lurking in every shadow...  I know this attitude has probably kept me safe at times, but some things you just can't prevent.  And I don't want the stress.  I do like our studio, and I think I may meet some cool neighbors eventually.  If everything works out with our parking spot and plug for our electric car, I think it will be worth it.  Not to mention the additional $600 in my pocket every month.  Thus far though, we are negative one Cannondal road bike worth $1000.  Neighborhood 1: Loft 0.  And the battle continues.


Noises, I play within my head
Touch my own skin and hope that I'm still breathing
And I think back to when my brother and my sister slept
In an unlocked place the only time I felt safe
--ellie goulding, lights

No comments: